To provide investors with capital growth over the long-term through exposure to companies that will benefit from disruptive innovation. The Fund is suitable for investors seeking exposure to companies that will benefit from disruptive innovation in Australian and international equity markets.
The portfolio is constructed in a concentrated, benchmark unaware manner. The Investment Manager will target approximately 10 to 20 investments with the following investment parameters for the Fund:
- 30% – 98% in listed international securities;
- up to 20% in listed Australian equities;
- 2% – 50% in cash;
- at the time of acquisition, a maximum weighting of 15% for any one security; and
- not more than 20% of the portfolio to comprise unlisted securities, measured at the time of the latest acquisition of unlisted securities.
The portfolio is constructed in a concentrated portfolio of investments (primarily listed companies) which may exhibit some or all of the following characteristics:
- an ability to disrupt existing markets and businesses;
- the ability to utilise new technology to disrupt existing industries;
- growth potential and scalability; and
- an appropriate capital structure to fund research and development, as well as growth.
Complementing a relatively large exposure to major listed global companies will be a selection of smaller positions identified by the Investment Manager that have the potential to disrupt existing industries and companies. The majority of investments are expected to be in overseas companies. It is not presently intended that the Fund will hedge against currency risk, and as such performance of the Fund will be impacted by currency fluctuations.